Topics We Explored:
- The idea behind naming the mouse in the room, and why it’s important to address the subtle things that are happening (that aren’t always as big as an elephant)
- Why the model of “name it, claim it, tame it” can help us to navigate our feelings and emotions
- The reasons why awareness and acknowledgment is so powerful in transforming our lives
- How we might be missing out on the range of human experience by not sharing our vulnerabilities
“Let’s work out our own limitations, our own belief systems; let’s name mice left right and center and then things can start to shift on their own.” – David Wood (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Name That Mouse Kickstarter Campaign
- Start Finishing by Charlie Gilkey
About David Wood:
David is a former consulting actuary to Fortune 100 companies. He built the world’s largest coaching business, becoming #1 on Google for life coaching and coaching thousands of hours in 12 countries around the globe. As well as helping others, David is no stranger to overcoming challenges himself, having survived a full collapse of his paraglider and a fractured spine, witnessing the death of his sister at age seven, anxiety and depression, and a national Gong Show! He coaches high-performing business owners to double revenue, and their time off by focusing on less and being 30% more courageous in their business or career.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply