Topics We Explored:
- How Leah and Naz met and began their creative partnership
- How their roles and attitudes have evolved within the business
- How Leah reacted to Naz’s “whip-cracking” approach to work, and vice versa
- What major tension inspired Leah to take a stand for her needs and desires within the partnership
- What strategy Naz and Leah use to open up difficult conversations
- How Leah and Naz’s individual money stories have converged and conflicted
- How Naz’s and Leah’s skills complement each other
- What key element is necessary for a successful creative partnership
“Don’t look for a carbon copy of yourself. Look for someone with the natural strengths that you don’t have.” –Leah and Naz (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Live Your Legend
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- DiSC Profile
- Managing Your Relationship with Money Is a Creative Process with Luna Jaffe
- Which of the Three Types of Creative Entrepreneur Are You?
- World Domination Summit
- The Four Levels of Communication
- How to Thrive as Life AND Business Partners with Angela Wheeler
About Leah Hynes and Naz Murphie:
Leah Hynes and Naz Murphie are the co-founders of The Connection Effect, a movement that is driven to put the human back in connection and the aliveness and energy back into online and in-person communities.
After a successful 10-year career in public relations and community engagement, Leah left her job in 2013 and moved into her mother-in-law’s basement with her husband and three-year-old son so she could focus on growing her business. She is based in Brisbane, Australia, and loves nothing more than hitting the ski slopes with her family and hitting the dance floor to good beats!
Naz has always cared deeply about humans and making a difference — it’s why she joined the police force in 2001. But after 12 years of service, she felt lost and powerless in the system she found herself in, so she decided to transform her role and soon found herself training hundreds of high-level police officers in leadership and employee engagement. Naz is based in Sydney, Australia, and reconnects with herself by being at the beach.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply