Topics We Explored:
- What personal business problem Lisa sought to solve through creating her business
- How the Creative Entrepreneur spectrum was born
- What strategies Lisa uses for balancing her linear and chaotic sides
- What strengths and weaknesses are characteristic of the three types of creative entrepreneur
- How to leverage your strengths and recruit other people to assist you in your weaker areas
- What the rock band The Eagles can illustrate about fusion types
- What strategy Lisa recommends to those who have just discovered they’re in the wrong career
- What challenge Lisa poses for listeners after listening to this episode
“Be willing to accept the consequences of what it takes to achieve your dream.” –Lisa Robbin Young (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Creative Giant Campfire on Facebook
- Which of the Three Types of Creative Entrepreneur Are You?
- A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink
- Create, Connect, and Consume: Balance Them To Get Your Best Work Done
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types by Don Richard Riso
- Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together by Pam Slim
- Getting to the Truth: Conversations with Brainiacs and Thought Partners
- The Eagles
- How to Think About Possibility – And Why It Matters
- Barbara Sher
- Predictable Success: Getting Your Organization on the Growth Track–and Keeping It There by Les McKeown
- Stand Tall, Creative Giants
- Jonathan Fields
- Simon Sinek
Want more insight and guidance from experts on how to tap into your creative and entrepreneurial potential? Check out our Best Books page.
About Lisa Robbin Young:
Lisa Robbin Young is the founder of Ark Entertainment Media, a business incubator for creative entrepreneurs. She’s helped sales professionals, bestselling business authors, actors, musicians, and other creatives make good money doing what they love, and have the time and money to enjoy their lives in the process.
An award-winning speaker, writer, and musician, Lisa penned the international business bestseller The Secret Watch. Her latest solo project, The Fine Line, is a collection of pop-infused jazz and blues tunes recorded as part of her “300 Songs” project.
Lisa believes that the best way to be truly successful in life and business is to be yourself – warts, sparkles, and all – so you can own your dreams without selling your soul.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 98 is sponsored by Sanebox. Sanebox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with Sanebox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with Sanebox.