Topics We Explored:
- The myths and mindsets that hinder your creative expression
- What practices Cynthia uses to unblock creativity
- What approach to creativity can lead you to be innovative and unlock the joy of creating
- How to let go of the pressure and expectations you have about your creativity and success
- How to turn frustration into joy when setting out to create new work
“Our attention is our superpower….What would your life be like if you didn’t turn to your phone every spare minute?” – Cynthia Morris (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Four States of Competence
- How to Better Channel Your Creativity
- The Engagement Threshold: The Key to Consistent Creativity and Productivity
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Art As a Way: A Return to the Spiritual Roots by Frederick Franck
- Zen of Seeing: Seeing/Drawing as Meditation by Frederick Franck
- How to Sell Your Art Online: Live a Successful Creative Life on Your Own Terms by Cory Huff
- Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg
- Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together by Pamela Slim
About Cynthia Morris:
Devoted to capturing life on the page in full color, Cynthia loves to illustrate everyday moments in ink and watercolor. Her Writual Blessings deck is a colorful affirmation deck designed to banish writer’s block.
Since 1999, Cynthia has coached writers, artists, and entrepreneurs to make their creative dreams a thrilling reality. Her Capture the Wow creativity workshops are held in the U.S. and Europe and bring the joy of travel to the everyday. Cynthia is on the faculty of Jonathan Fields’ Good Life Project.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.