Disclaimer: The information discussed in this podcast is not intended to be, does not constitute, and should not be relied upon as, legal, accounting, tax, investment, or other professional advice or services.
Topics We Explored:
- The three essential elements to include in the foundation of your business to promote growth
- What qualities to look for when choosing the CPA for your business
- When to start paying a professional for financial council
- How you can leverage your bookkeeper to save money on taxes
- How to reframe partnership contracts to prevent awkwardness or contention
- Why trying to maintain equal power with a 50-50 partnership usually backfires
- How to navigate the process of contract creation without interrupting the collaborative momentum of the partnership
“The legal and financial decisions you make are the foundation your business is built on.” – Kyle Durand (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Foundations Are to Be Built Upon, Not to Be Flown Over
- Mind the Gaps: The Five Foundations of Team Performance
- Five Ways Founders Stifle Business Growth
- Good Strategy Helps You Make Better Choices with Tara Gentile
About Kyle Durand:
Kyle Durand is a business and tax attorney and founder of several companies, including The Precept Group, a unique small-business-focused law and accounting firm in Redmond, Washington, and OurDeal, an online software service for creating, sending, and signing legal agreements. Kyle earned a Bachelor of Science from the United States Naval Academy, a Juris Doctorate from the University of Southern California, and a Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of Washington.
Providing cutting-edge business management tools and techniques, Kyle helps small business owners navigate the complex and often confusing maze of financial and legal issues they face on a daily basis and build businesses that provide the income, freedom, and lifestyle they want. Kyle can be found online at kyledurand.com.
In the midst of running multiple businesses, Kyle’s an extreme athlete. He has been on American Ninja Warrior, has run the Iditarod Trail, and routinely pushes his limits while hiking, biking, or swimming. He’s our kind of crazy.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.