Topics We Explored:
- Why summertime may be a good time to turn inward and reflect on if you’re feeling burnt out, “well done”, or if you see that it could be coming
- How to learn to zoom out and recognize patterns that can lead to burn out before it actually happens
- How your behavior can be an indicator of your emotional state, and how to start noticing the uncharacteristic signs in yourself and what may be causing that change
- Why business and life are connected, and that it’s time to acknowledge how our work lives bleed into our lives outside of work
- Why self-compassion can be the alternative approach to helping yourself in these types of situations
- What you can do to make a shift and why that doesn’t include doing something drastic
“Embrace the smallness, and ask for support from other people. Lean into something bigger than you to get through.” – Charlie Gilkey (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- 7 Ways to Prevent Dunkirk Spirit from Burning Out Your Team
- Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life by Richard Rohr
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply