Topics We Explored:
- How Bryan’s shifting view of the relationship with his wife inspired his new book, The 50 75 100 Solution
- Why working on your relationship to make it “better” may mean that situations are resolved to a point where both parties are simply suffering less
- What the evolution of apologies may be, and how important it is to acknowledge your intention behind an apology
- What the difference is between pain and suffering, particularly from a Buddhist point of view
“If you don’t engage in how you’re engaging with other people, then there’s going to be another limiting factor in your life.”– Bryan Falchuk (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Bryan Falchuk: Working Through Radical Change, One Day at a Time (Episode 184)
- Do a Day: How to Live A Better Life by Bryan Falchuk
- The 50 75 100 Solution: Build Better Relationships by Bryan Falchuk
- Open Heart, Clear Mind by Thubten Chodron
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
About Bryan Falchuk:
Bryan Falchuk went from being obese and depressed, and nearly losing his wife to illness while their young son watched, to running marathons and becoming a vegan. He got his Master’s degree from a top school and rose to a senior executive position in a successful business. Now he’s a best-selling author and has written articles for many major publications like Inc. Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, and LA Times. He’s transformed his life and developed an approach to help others do the same that he teaches in his best-selling book Do a Day.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 213 is sponsored by Clean Email. Clean Email is an online bulk email cleaner that empowers you to take control of your mailbox. It relies on powerful rules and filters you can define to efficiently segment your mailbox into relevant groups, allowing you to quickly identify useful and clean up useless emails with a few clicks. We’ve partnered with Clean Email to give you 50% off the five accounts annual package. Take advantage of this discount and clean up your inbox with Clean Email.
Leave a Reply