Topics We Explored:
- How Bobby’s book can help others understand the gift of struggle, giving them permission to lead the way they want to without fear or doubt of struggling along the way
- Why asking for help — especially asking the right people for help — is incredibly important in moving forward
- Why telling your own stories, no matter how difficult, and working through “the mud” is ultimately where your inner work happens
- How to turn your biggest mistakes from the past into ways to connect with others in your community
“Anything that we do in life, we have to go through pain, suffering, and struggle to get to wisdom.” – Bobby Herrera (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Bobby Herrera
- The Populus Group
- The Gift of Struggle: Life-Changing Lessons About Leading by Bobby Herrera
- Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
About Bobby Herrera:
Bobby believes that everyone deserves an opportunity to succeed and is an unwavering champion for the underdog. He’s co-founder and CEO of Populus Group — one of the fastest-growing HR services companies in the United States with annual revenue of $500 million and many Fortune 100 customers. As one of thirteen children in a migrant family, he learned the value of hard work, rising early and putting in long hours in the fields. After high school, boot camp became his ticket of opportunity. He serves on national community organization boards and is a regular speaker at corporations and service groups. He is a proud Army veteran. Bobby is most proud of his family — his wife Roslyn and their three children Santino, Griffith, and Sofia live in Portland, Oregon.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 208 is sponsored by SaneBox. SaneBox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with SaneBox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with SaneBox.
Leave a Reply