Topics We Explored:
- How growing up in an intellectual, creative household influenced Arna’s career as an artist
- How Arna discovered Kundalini and how it ties into her artwork
- Why Arna honors the mistakes in her art, as opposed to covering them up
- What emotional intelligence means to Arna and how it improves one’s creative pursuits
- How Arna maintains her creative spirit while raising eight children and running a business
- What Arna would change if she could go back to an earlier time in her creative career
“I allow mistakes to take me in a new direction.” –Arna Baartz (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Emotional intelligence
- Quote from the Tao Te Ching
- The I AM Program
- A Course in Miracles
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Juggling Parenting and a Creative Career? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Episode 15: Cultivating Creativity During Motherhood with Lucy Pearce
- Episode 36: Write Your Own Future with Ali Luke
- Recommended spirituality and mindfulness books
- Recommended communication books
- Recommended creativity books
About Arna Baartz:
Arna Baartz is an artist, educator, and poet. She has been fingerpainting since she was a child, when her father, also creative, encouraged her by taping paper to the walls of their home and letting her loose with paint. As a result, she is an expressive artist with a belief in non-judgement, often purposely leaving her “mistakes” in an attempt to allow the unfolding to participate in a finished piece.
Her creative work spans the extremes of small and playful to large and serious. Most of Arna’s work is an extension of her philosophical nature, bringing her gifts of personal insight and joy.
Arna works in her bush studio every day, surrounded by weird Australian wildlife and inspired by the connection between things and the glow of the rainforest. The perfume of the valley permeates Arna’s work and keeps her alive, as do her eight wonderful children and her lovely, supportive husband.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 105 is sponsored by Sanebox. Sanebox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with Sanebox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with Sanebox.
Leave a Reply