Topics We Explored:
- How spending time with family and friends, as well as reflecting on your year, is a way of being productive
- Why it’s so important to start with celebrating the things you’ve done when thinking about your year in review
- How you can look at the things that have challenged you and the lessons you’ve learned over the year, and how doing so can help you grow
- Why slowing down and keeping self-care in mind is so important when looking at your goals, victories, and challenges
“No matter what you do, your reach will always exceed your grasp. Make sure the things that don’t get done matter less.” – Charlie Gilkey (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- How to Align Your Goals and Projects with Your Seasonal Energy (Episode 108)
- How to Be Intentional During the Holidays (Episode 121)
- The Annual Reflection Worksheet
- What to Do if You’re Burnt Out (Or Close to It) (Episode 147)
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- How to Set SMART Goals
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert
- 5 Reasons Why Your Need to Start Saying No to People You Love
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Janet Burton says
Thanks so much for the Annual Business Reflection podcast and worksheet. I have four major goals for 2018 which nicely fall into sprints. But first, I am going to take a week setting up my weekly blocks, and mapping out the month of January. In building a business it is easy (especially as my business is in its infancy) to jump when a client calls or has needs rather than focusing on whether responding is 1) really helping the client, and 2) building practices that will grow my business over time.
Here’s to a great 2018!
Terry Mullican says
This is great! Going to use this with my team!
Thank you so much for the practical and pragmatic look of thanksgiving and goal-setting. Really appreciate the “real” content in your podcasts and have recommended them to many others. Happy New Year 2019.
Sharee Pack says
I loved the podcast! I love celebrating your wins 1st! Thanks!