Topics We Explored:
- What imposter syndrome is, how it can show up in unexpected ways, and how it may be different for men and women
- Why healthy communication is so important (and never goes out of style) and why having those tough conversations can be so beneficial
- How we can sit with our discomfort around certain situations and let that uncomfortableness help us gain more clarity
- Why constantly being busy isn’t necessarily a marker of growth or mastery
“Anyone’s self-talk is also their own shame manifesting.” – Andrea Owen (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Andrea Owen’s Your Kick-Ass Life
- Brené Brown
- 5 Ways to Keep the Impostor Syndrome from Ruling You
- HALT Before You Make a Bad Decision
- Dan Pickett: Debugging Impostor Syndrome (Episode 59)
- 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life by Andrea Owen
- How to Stop Feeling Like Shit by Andrea Owen (scroll down)
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott
- The New One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
- TouchPoints by Douglas Conant and Mette Norgaard
- Your Brain at Work by David Rock
- Tao Te Ching by Laozi
- The Man in the Arena quote
About Andrea Owen:
Andrea Owen is an author, mentor, and certified life coach who helps high-achieving women let go of perfectionism, control, and isolation and choose courage and confidence instead. She has helped thousands of women manage their inner-critic to create loving connections and live their most kick-ass life.
She is the proud author of 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve, (Adams Media/Simon & Schuster). Her second book: How To Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back From Happiness is out now (Seal Press/Hachette Books).
When she’s not juggling her full coaching practice or hosting retreats, Andrea is busy competing in triathlons, chasing her 10-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter or making out with her husband, Jason. She is also a retired roller derby player having skated under the name “Veronica Vain”.
Learn more about Andrea at yourkickasslife.com.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.