Topics We Explored:
- The idea of generational transmissions, and how the same head trash that affected our parents and grandparents still affects us today
- The pendulum of “the norm” over the past few years, and how we’re now more able to have candid and vulnerable conversations
- What the four steps of unlearning are, and why it’s OK to have feelings of discomfort along the way
- Why women need to talk more openly about money and investing, and the importance of charging for the value that you bring
“If we are just reacting from a subconscious place, then it’s largely not your fault. It’s not to make excuses and let you off the hook for it, it’s just so you can have some compassion for yourself.” – Andrea Owen (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Make Some Noise by Andrea Owen
- Start Finishing by Charlie Gilkey
About Andrea Owen:
Andrea Owen is an author, global speaker, and professional certified life coach who helps high-achieving women maximize unshakeable confidence, and master resilience. She has taught hundreds of thousands of women tools and strategies to be able to empower themselves to live their most kick-ass life through speaking, her books, coaching, and her wildly popular podcast with close to 3 million downloads.
She is the proud author of two books, which have been translated into 18 languages and available in 22 countries. Her latest book, Make Some Noise: Speak Your Mind and Own Your Strength will be available on August 31, 2021.
Andrea is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) from The Coaches Training Institute, a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation, a SHE RECOVERS®️ coach, as well as a Certified Daring Way™️ Facilitator; a modality based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown.
When she’s not juggling her full coaching practice or writing books, Andrea is busy riding her Peloton bike, chasing her two school-aged children or making out with her husband, Jason. She is also a retired roller derby player having skated under the name “Veronica Vain”.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Leave a Reply