Topics We Explored:
- How to keep focused on working on your own work, when helping others is the work that you do
- Dancing the fine line between not shaming people who are unhappy with their bodies, and helping to influence people to take steps to change
- How to better lean into the process of change, even though aspects of change in our lives can be so hard
- Why finding and being in a community can be helpful in staying accountable
“Sometimes it’s just that accountability – that’s it, that’s all you need. Because you do actually know what to do.” – Andrea Owen (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Andrea Owen’s Your Kick-Ass Life
- 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life by Andrea Owen
- How to Stop Feeling Like Shit by Andrea Owen
About Andrea Owen:
Andrea Owen is an author, mentor, and certified life coach who helps high-achieving women let go of perfectionism, control, and isolation and choose courage and confidence instead. She has helped thousands of women manage their inner-critic to create loving connections and live their most kick-ass life.
She is the proud author of 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve, (Adams Media/Simon & Schuster). Her second book: How To Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back From Happiness is out now (Seal Press/Hachette Books).
When she’s not juggling her full coaching practice or hosting retreats, Andrea is busy competing in triathlons, chasing her 10-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter or making out with her husband, Jason. She is also a retired roller derby player having skated under the name “Veronica Vain”.
Learn more about Andrea at yourkickasslife.com.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 207 is sponsored by SaneBox. SaneBox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with SaneBox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with SaneBox.