Topics We Explored:
- What it means to be a Creative Giant in the times we’re living in
- How Charlie overcomes creative constipation
- How Charlie’s military and philosophy background shapes how he shows up in online discourse
- What strategies Charlie uses to work through the challenges of conversations about race, identity, equality, and justice
- What approaches Charlie advises to those seeking to have deep discussions about controversial issues
- How Charlie feels about the Language Police and semantics in the United States
- Charlie’s advice for initiating difficult conversations with friends and loved ones
“Focusing on 1% of every micro-battle you need to overcome will lead to epic change.” –Charlie Gilkey (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Creative Giant Campfire on Facebook
- Episode 91: Be Brave and Listen Within with Andrea Lee
- To Be Black Is To Be Less Free
- Get GUTSY With Your Project Planning – Tips for Working through Creative Constipation
- Stand Tall, Creative Giants
- We’re All Turtles Sometimes
- Black Lives Matter
- “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” –Mary Anne Radmacher
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers by Geoffrey A. Moore
- “Whatever lies within our power to do lies also within our power not to do.” –Aristotle
- Schwartz’s Five Levels of Awareness Model
- Forming, storming, norming, and performing in groups
- The Karpman drama triangle
About Andrea Lee:
Andrea J. Lee is founder of Thought Partners International, which does business online under the identity Wealthy Thought Leader University — an internationally known company that has helped thousands of entrepreneurs upturn the status quo. Through coaching they learn to prove their original business concepts, design offerings that break new ground, and sell in lucrative ways that feel good.
Alongside the coaching team at Wealthy Thought Leader University, Andrea has taught breakthrough thinking to thousands of entrepreneurial leaders as they’ve gone from the startup phase to earning six-, seven-, and eight-figure incomes.
At least, that’s what Andrea was up to until April 30th, 2016. Over the last few years, her work has expanded in scope from business topics to more universal topics on communication, growth, and creativity. She’s heading into new territory for herself — listen in to see where it’s going and why it’s going there.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 100 is sponsored by Sanebox. Sanebox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with Sanebox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with Sanebox.
Leave a Reply