Topics We Explored:
- Why we tend to live in a state of worry, and how we can transition to living with wonder and at the same time engage with those worries to better serve us
- How you can figure out what your priorities are when you keep telling yourself that you “don’t have enough time,” and how to differentiate between your aspirations and your priorities
- How you can stop trying to make your naysayers happy and start to focus on the majority of people who support you – including yourself
- What you can do to shift your focus from succeeding or failing to enjoying the journey of learning and growing
“When we can recognize that we’re meaning-making machines, we’re story-making machines, then we can craft narratives that support us, and that’s when we can get to our truth.” – Amber Rae (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Amber Rae
- Amber Rae on Instagram
- Choose Wonder Over Worry by Amber Rae
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
- The Middle Finger Project
- Prove Your Yaysayers Right
About Amber Rae:
Called a “Millennial Motivator” by Fortune and “The Brené Brown of Wonder” by MindBodyGreen, Amber Rae is an author, artist, and speaker whose work invites you to live your truth, befriend your emotions, and express your gifts. Her writing blends raw, personal storytelling with actionable aha! moments and has reached more than 5 million people in 195 countries. Her public art has spread to more than 20 countries, and she’s spoken to and collaborated with brands like Kate Spade, Apple, Amazon, and Unilever.
Amber’s first book, Chose Wonder Over Worry (Wednesday Books, an imprint of Macmillan and St. Martin’s Press), is your official invitation to face your fears, wake up to your truth, and get to the source of what’s holding you back.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Episode 193 is sponsored by ResultsResourcing.com. ResultsResourcing increases your productivity and profitability by matching you with vetted freelancers who help you get vital work done well. We’ve partnered with ResultsResourcing to give you a 35% discount on your first talent search! Spend your time on what you do best and outsource the rest – let ResultsResourcing.com be your contract hiring expert. Go to ResultsResourcing.com and let them find, vet, and hire your next freelancer for 35% off with the code PFPOD.
Episode 193 is sponsored by SaneBox. SaneBox monitors your email and makes sure that the important stuff gets your attention. We’ve partnered with SaneBox to give you $25 toward a premium membership. Take advantage of this discount and get control of your inbox with SaneBox.