Topics We Explored:
- How to focus on intentions, concerns, boundaries, and dreams to create more empathy around one another’s reasons for pursuing a dream
- Why you can’t force alignment with someone, and why even if you don’t align with someone on their intentions or dreams, you can still pursue a different path forward with a project or relationship
- What the difference is between etiquette-based conversation and rules-based conversation
- Why it’s so important to have good and productive conversations, and why conversations don’t always need to lead to a decision
- What the HALT principle is, and why it’s important to be in the right state of mind before engaging in a conversation with someone
“It’s a really interesting mashup of our two worlds of experience, but we both really believe in the final step being dreams.” – Alexandra Jamieson (Tweet this.)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Radical Alignment by Alexandra Jamieson and Bob Gower
- The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker
- Women, Food, and Desire by Alexandra Jamieson
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
About Alexandra Jamieson and Bob Gower:
Alexandra Jamieson and Bob Gower are partners in teaching and in marriage. Alex is a success and creative leadership coach for driven women who has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Martha Stewart Living, Goop, and was the co-creator of the Oscar nominated doc Super Size Me. She’s also the author of four other books including Women, Food, and Desire. Bob is an authority on lean, agile, and responsive org design, and has worked with Ford, Spotify, GE, and many other incredible organizations.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on Apple Podcasts to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.