How to Be a Good Leader
Leadership Resources by Productive Flourishing
There’s a big difference between being in charge and being a good leader. You’ve seen the difference in others – and maybe you’ve seen it in yourself.
The bigger your dreams and goals, the more achieving them depends on your being an ever better leader.
In addition to being a philosopher, I was a joint force logistics coordinator in the Army National Guard and exited as a Captain. As my career progressed, I spent more time making sure the Air Force and Army were on the same sheet of operational music – not a small feat. Though I haven’t been in the Guard since 2010, that experience is still a core part of the way I understand the world, and it helped shape the way I advise people on building better teams and ventures worth being in.
Below is some of my best work on how to be a good leader – take a read-through, and if this is your jam, I’d love to work with you and your team.
The Elements of Leadership
- Teach Your Team the Three Types of Decisions
- To Lead Them, Know Them
- Share Your Vision and Standardize Procedures for Effective Leadership
- 4 Ways to Be an Effective Leader
- How to Spread Teamthink Throughout Your Organization
- Are You Articulating Your Intuitive Synthesis to Your Team?
The Leadership Mindset
- Get Up and Take Care of Your People
- Eyes Forward
- 3 Ways to Deal with Your Nemeses
- How to Lead Through Disruption
- Be Prepared to Make Bad Decisions
- A Leader’s Job is To Ensure That Their Team Gets Results
- Understanding Founder’s Mojo
- The Founder’s Most Important Job
- Five Ways Founders Stifle Business Growth
- What Are Your High-Value Activities?
The Effective Executive
- The 3 Things Every Executive Should Focus On
- 3 Simple Questions to Help Guide Your Business’s Operations
- Decide Early and Often
- How to Break Free from the Task Heap
- The Benefits of Displacement