A tea bag, a rock, a paperclip: what do these three things have in common? They’re images that came to mind for three people when asked what their relationship with money looks like.
When most of us hear the word “creativity,” managing money is the last thing that comes to mind. For creative people, managing money often feels like drudgery, a chore. But what if it could be beautiful?
Managing your money is a creative and (like it or not) emotional process. If you want to learn how to make managing finances beautiful, learn from Luna Jaffe’s personal and professional experience with mingling money with creativity.
Topics We Explored:
- How Luna went from being an artist and psychotherapist to becoming a financial planner
- How Luna manages to maintain momentum on her projects, despite major paradigm shifts
- What happened when Luna pursued some clear (but crazy) visions
- What simple suggestions Luna has for how to visualize and think about your relationship with money
“So many of us have been battered throughout our lives about our creative and financial capacities.” –Luna Jaffe (Tweet this)
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Luna Jaffe – Where Creativity & Money Meet
- Simon Sinek – Start With Why
- How to Be Creative and Productive in Every Stage of a Project
- Why You Really Don’t Have a Time Management Problem
- Sacred Money Studios
About Luna Jaffe:
Luna Jaffe is a Certified Financial Planner, therapist, and visual artist. She is the founder and CEO of Lunaria Financial, Ltd, a boutique advisory firm providing holistic money management and financial planning in Portland, OR. Luna offers advisory and financial services through KMS Financial Services, Inc.
Luna is the author of the award-winning book Wild Money: A Creative Journey to Financial Wisdom and most recently has published the Wild Money Coloring Book.
The heart of Luna’s work is based on her pioneering process that integrates creativity into financial planning, drawing on her experience as a visual artist, entrepreneur, and psychotherapist. This approach to personal finance honors the unique learning and money management styles of creatives, and in doing so builds financial confidence and wisdom.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to The Creative Giant Show on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.